Pivotal GemFire Supported Configurations
Pivotal GemFire is supported on a variety of platforms.
Note: Running Pivotal GemFire clusters with a mix of different platforms has not been tested. We recommend that you use a consistent platform on all machines in your cluster.
All platforms listed as deprecated may be removed in a future release of the product.
These Pivotal GemFire 9.0 platforms provide support for production systems:
- CentOS 7 for the x86-64 processor
- RHEL 6 for the x86-64 processor (Deprecated)
- RHEL 7 for the x86-64 processor
- Ubuntu 14.04 for the x86-64 processor
- Ubuntu 16.04 for the x86-64 processor
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for the x86-64 processor
- Solaris 11 for the x86-64 processor
- Solaris 11 for a 64-bit SPARC processor
- Windows 2012 Server for the x86-64 processor (Deprecated)
- Windows 2012 Server R2 for the x86-64 processor
These cloud platforms are supported for Pivotal GemFire 9.0:
- Linux platforms under AWS
- Linux platforms under Microsoft Azure
These Pivotal GemFire 9.0 platforms provide support for development systems:
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) for the x86-64 processor
- Windows 10 for the x86-64 processor
This version of Pivotal GemFire requires Java 8 release 92 or a more recent version.
The Pivotal GemFire product download does not include Java.
Download and install a supported JRE or JDK on each system running GemFire.
Pivotal recommends the installation of a full JDK (and not just a JRE)
to obtain better performance with
gfsh status and
gfsh stop commands.
For optimal disk-store performance, Pivotal recommends the use of
ext4 file systems when operating on Linux or Solaris platforms.