LATEST VERSION: 9.8.2 - RELEASE NOTES
Standard Client/Server Deployment
In the most common client/server topology, a farm of cache servers provides caching services to many clients. Cache servers have a homogeneous data store in data regions that are replicated or partitioned across the server farm.
- Cache servers send their address and load information to the server locator, if locators are used.
- If locators are used, clients request server connection information from the locator. The locator responds with the address of the least-loaded server.
- The client pool checks its connections periodically for proper server load balancing. The pool rebalances as needed.
- Clients can subscribe to events at startup. Events are streamed automatically from the servers to client listeners and into the client cache.
- Client data updates and data requests that the client cache does not fulfill are forwarded automatically to the servers.